Modern safety is continually changing. The most recent technologies is introducing new methods for safeguarding your assets. Standard mechanical apparatus are rapidly being replaced by modern electric devices but a question that lots of people have is that device is more reliable and more secure? We have compiled the advantages and disadvantages of these two locking systems to help home and business owners decide which device makes the most sense for them and will continue to keep their assets the most protected.
These kinds of locks are operated 100% without electricity or batteries. They've been in existence for centuries and are frequently a long-lasting solution for easy security needs.
- The tech has stagnated and has not kept up with modern security requirements
- Opening a high-security mechanical lock can sometimes be a slow process and force you to start over repeatedly
- Want professional help when there is any malfunctioning on the device
- Unauthorized key duplication can leave Your Company vulnerable without you even being conscious of it
- Mechanical locks Can't provide an audit of if the door has been obtained and by whom
- Whenever keys have been lost, stolen or duplicated without consent, you incur the expense of getting every lock changed the key accesses
- Reliable time-tested alternatives because the 1800s
- Hardware will last a long time without needing extensive repair work
- Does not require electrical power
- Often a weatherproof solution
- Most employees have a good Comprehension of how to operate mechanical locking mechanisms
New security risks mean new security technologies has to be implemented to deal with those flaws. Additionally, standard mechanical locks can quickly cause inefficiency in company operations, are limited in purpose, and costly to maintain correctly.
- Need access to power via battery or alternative
- Should you lose power you could temporarily lose the capability to open the lock
- May require employee training to operate
- Might Need to change battery routinely
- Many options and features related to adding an electrical lock to your home or company often requiring Skilled assistance in choosing the best option
- Additional security with Greater lock combinations from standard mechanical locks
- Easily add or alter combinations
- Easy to access and ability to operate from the dark
- Weather immunity options
- Add, block, or transfer users with particular access abilities
- Monitor accessibility by hour of the day
- Have a record log of who accessed and when
- Can often self-service the locks and make changes without paying for additional assistance
- Can incorporate additional hardware such as intercoms and surveillance cameras
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
The industrial locksmiths at The fast locksmith seattles may set up an intuitive digital access control system to supply you with facility-wide control and management, unmatched by the usage of routine locks and keys. You are able to unlock and lock doors from anywhere and provide your new workers immediate access only to the places they need.
Whether it's a simple lock and key or an old key card program, should you fall into some of the reasons we have discussed to alter or upgrade your locks, perhaps it's time to look at a new security solution. Your local, licensed and insured fast locksmith seattles is here to help you make your best, educated decisions regarding your commercial security priorities. Contact us today!